Customer Service Pledge
Quality of Life Programs
Retail Promotions &
Store Grand Openings
Mobile Food Unit
Tour Our Stores
Business 2 Business
U.S. Election Assistance
VCS supports numerous quality of life programs and initiatives that have a direct positive impact to Veterans, their families, VA employees and caregivers. Read on to learn about the organizations, events and programs we sponsor.
- VA’s National Rehabilitation Games: Sponsors of all 6 VA’s National Rehabilitation Games (Winter Sports Clinic, Golden Age Games, Wheelchair Games, TEE Tournament, Summer Sports Clinic and Creative Arts Festival). In addition to our annual monetary donations, we send a support team to each event and hand out goodie bags to Veteran participants. VCS proudly supports the Games as they promote wellness, rehabilitation, and camaraderie among the Veteran athletes.
- VA Fisher Houses: Supports VA Fisher Houses across the country by providing coupons to first-time visiting families and being their purchasing source for supplies and necessities.
- Reducing/Eliminating Veteran Homelessness: Partners with VA to reduce and/or eliminate Veteran homelessness by providing the following: coupons to Veterans being placed into housing, free meal to homeless Veterans at their first VA appointment, employment opportunities with both VCS and our vendor partners, and facilitating donations from our vendor partners.
- OIF/OEF Veterans: Supports OIF/OEF Veterans by providing assistance to Poly-Trauma Centers and providing coupons for VCS purchases.
- Disaster Relief: Provides disaster relief assistance through 2 mobile response units that support Department of Veterans Affairs' response teams deployed under emergency conditions. These units are strategically located around the country and available to emergency areas to provide food support and other food services to staff and patients. We also secure emergency products and provide essential services during disaster relief times.
- Sustainability (“Going Green”): Part of our vision is to be an environmentally friendly organization, and we have made several changes to our internal business processes and practices to become more sustainable. We have implemented the following “going green” initiatives:
- Selling reusable shopping bags in our stores.
- Using retail plastic bags made from recycled product.
- Offering reusable coffee mugs and cold cups in our stores and cafes.
- Using paper coffee cups made from recycled product.
- Using napkins made from recycled product.
- Reducing Styrofoam usage in our cafes.
- Selling energy efficient light bulbs in our stores.